Sherlock, Smith & Adams, Inc., a full-service Architecture & Engineering firm headquartered in Montgomery, Alabama is seeking a Medical Equipment Planner who is career-oriented and desirous of long-term employment and advancement within the company.
- 5 years experience working within a medical treatment facility as a Biomedical Equipment Technician (BMET) / Medical Equipment Planner (MEP) or applicable background.
- Equipment planning, Clinical Planning, or BMET background with exposure to all aspects of the medical planning / medical equipment management process.
- Extensive knowledge of a variety of healthcare clinical operations and clinical applications including general knowledge of the organizational aspects of all other hospital services and delivery models.
- Superb organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated independent problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills across a variety of stakeholders including client planning groups, non-technical personnel, and management.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines accordingly.
- Strong teamwork skills.
- Proficiency in web-based applications and MS Office products.
- Some travel is required; including overseas travel.
- U.S. Citizenship.
- Able to pass security clearance as well as a background check.
- Fully vaccinated against COVID-19: subject to reasonable medical or religious accommodation.
How to Stand Out:
- Previous experience working in DoD medical facilities as a Health Facility Planning Officer, Medical Planner, BMET or Medical Equipment Planner.
- Working knowledge of SEPS and JSN’s.
- Experience with Revit.
What You Will Do:
- Provide equipment planning including clinical space planning, specialty spaces, capital equipment needs assessment, identification, specification, and collaboration/coordination with the rest of the design team of equipment requirements.
- Provide professional customer interface and client relations: to include identify equipment needs and requirements based on industry and military outfitting standards, verify functional flow, patient workloads, and staffing and equipment requirements and make recommendations for “best practice of care”.
- Develop equipment requirements (planning), narratives for input into Basis of Design Narratives as needed.
- Analyze facilities for short and long-range planning. Analyze functional layouts and operations. Make recommendations for improvements / corrections.
- Resolve functional problems arising during construction.
- Manage and maintain the SS& A equipment system, provide specification sheets, cut sheets and data sheets to designers / engineers and to the client as required.
- Medical Equipment Planning for healthcare projects including the planning and programming for the documentation for equipment in medical, dental, and research facilities.
- Selection, specification, and development of procurement documentation for medical equipment, relative to new construction and renovation projects.
- Planning for other facility types is similar in function with a similar process and product development.
- The Medical Equipment Planner position may be assigned to our Montgomery, AL., Auburn, AL. or Knoxville, TN. locations. Work from home is available on a scheduled basis. Full-time remote (FTR) is available after a 3-6 month orientation period in our Knoxville, TN. office.
SS&A is a well-established, employee-owned firm that engages in a wide variety of domestic and overseas projects. We provide excellent career development potential with possible firm ownership and management.
The firm is widely recognized for innovative facility design. As part of our commitment to excellence, we look for individuals possessing both personal and professional experience that would enhance the creativity and diversity of our workplace.
SS&A provides a challenging and enriching work atmosphere. Having in-house engineers and architects working together on each project from conception through construction, continually provides our employees the opportunity to develop their knowledge of the whole building design process.
A generous variety of family-friendly benefits are offered including company-paid (employee only) health, dental, life, and long-term disability insurances. Profit-sharing retirement /401k plan.
Sherlock, Smith & Adams, Inc. provides reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities on a case-by-case basis. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please contact the Human Resource Director at email@example.com.
Sherlock, Smith & Adams, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer where employment is based upon personal capabilities and qualifications without discrimination due to race, color, religion, gender age, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established by law. Sherlock, Smith and Adams, Inc is a federal contractor and complies with all applicable federal regulations made part of such contracts. As of December 8, 2021, SS&A will require employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 as required by applicable federal rules or regulations. SS&A provides reasonable medical or religious accommodation to employees on a case-by-case basis.
- Seniority Level – Mid-level (non-management)
- Industry – Architecture & Planning
- Employment Type – Full-time