Mount Olive Missionary Baptist Church
Mount Olive Missionary Baptist Church selected SS&A to design their New Sanctuary and Fellowship Hall. The site is located adjacent to their chapel built in 1919 at the corner of Cedar Street and Railroad Avenue. The additional parking will be accessible from both streets. The new Sanctuary is entered through a double height narthex facing Cedar Street. The worship space features vaulted ceilings, natural lighting, a tiered choir loft, a baptistery as well as both main level and balcony seating. The versatile fellowship hall will double as classroom space for Sunday school. A service kitchen capable of handling any size event is directly adjacent to the fellowship hall. Sherlock Smith and Adams provided all architectural and engineering design services for this project.