paul phillips, MBA, RN
Director of Medical Planning
Paul Phillips serves as the Director of Medical Planning at Sherlock, Smith & Adams. Paul has over 27 years experience in the healthcare industry with 20 years’ experience in healthcare administration, medical facility programming, planning, design and construction. He spent several years on active duty in the United States Navy as a Health Facilities Planning and Project Officer and has over 14 years of experience serving as project manager for a variety of construction projects with civilian organizations. Paul interprets and translates design processes and requirements for medical and dental treatment facilities as they relates to clinical space, functional / efficient adjacencies, equipment requirements and life safety issues.
Mr. Phillips graduated from the University of Tennessee, Knoxville, Tennessee with a Bachelor of Nursing and Webster University, Saint Louis, Missouri with Master of Business Administration degree.
- Provides administrative oversight to medical planning and medical equipment planning personnel for the firm.
- Provides support in the development of fee proposals, resource management and business development activities.
- Provides medical planning for the development of space requirements (program planning) based on current code and criteria; analyzes medical facilities for short and long range space utilization needs; analyzes functional layouts and operations of existing facilities and provides recommendations for corrective action; and resolves medical functional problems arising during construction.
Memberships, Training & Certification
- Registered Nurse
- Fellow, Health Facilities Institute
- Member, American Society of Healthcare Engineers